Neighborhood FAQs

Choose the tab for the category you are interested in.

This area is under construction. Please provide suggestions below and look for more updates soon.

How can I make a request to the homeowners’ association?

The easiest way is to email the HOA board members on the form on the home page. You can also request to speak at an upcoming HOA board meeting.

How do I pay my annual homeowners association fees?

You can submit them online at or mail them to the following address:
Hayden Lakes Community Association, Inc.
c/o Sterling Association Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 64384
Phoenix, AZ 85082-4384

How are the lakes treated?

Our lakes are serviced twice a month. Lake Management Services comes out to pick up trash in the water, monitor water quality, treat for algae, and inspect and repair the fountains and lights.

Where can I find the neighborhood deed restrictions?

Click here.

Can I have a basketball goal in my driveway?

One goal of no more than 13′ can be put in, but it must be at least 10′ back from the curb line. All basketball goals must be approved by the ARC after submitting an application. See more specifics in Section 2.3 of the Architectural Guidelines.

Can I have a garage sale?

Our neighborhood restrictions prohibit individual garage sales. We normally have a neighborhood garage sale in the spring and fall, and you should plan to have your garage sale on those dates.

Can I have a storage box on my driveway?

Portable containers (PODS, etc.) may be located on a Unit for a maximum of fourteen (14) consecutive days. They may only be placed in the driveway. See more in Section 2.28 of the Architectural Guidelines.

How do I submit my ARC application?

Please email all applications to It may also be beneficial to copy on the email. This additional address will go to our architectural committee who can work directly with you to obtain any additional information or clarifications. While not guaranteed, this could help in expediting approval.

I got an inspection letter. What should I do?
It’s best to send in a response to all compliance letters. If the issue has been resolved or you have a plan to resolve it, please let us know or include a picture. If you didn’t realize you were out of compliance with the architectural guidelines or don’t understand what the infraction is for, please email us for clarification. Email for documentation purposes and for clarifications.
Is parking on the streets allowed?
Per the deed restrictions, no. However, since we are not a gated community, county regulations supersede our restrictions. It is very difficult for the Association to prove a car has been in the same spot for 72 hours. Please be respectful to your neighbors and minimize parking on the street when not needed.

See the Pool Information page

My pool card doesn’t work. What do I do?
The Board has been working diligently to fix all pool access cards. Access cards have been deactivated for any residents who owe annual dues but are not on a payment plan with Sterling. Cards have also been deactivated for any residents who have a fee, fine, or other outstanding charge regardless of amount. Please contact Sterling by phone or email to resolve your outstanding charge.
May I conduct swim lessons at the pool?
Yes, private swim lessons may be conducted at the pool for residents who want to use their own instructor. Residents may not be the instructor for swimmers outside of the neighborhood.
Can we switch the day the pool is closed for cleaning?
The Board surveyed all residents in the fall of 2021 for the 2022 season. 65 out of 131 (49.6%) responses indicated they wanted the pool closed on Monday. We can revisit this question over the winter when planning for the following season if residents would like a different day.
Can we kayak, swim, or paddle board in the lakes?
No it is not allowed. All of the street drains run into the lakes. This means anything anyone dumps in the drains is in the lake.
How do I request a key card?
Contact Sterling at 832-678-4500 or and cc That way we can check on the progress.
How much is a replacement key card?
The current amount should be on the access card request form.
Can my family request more than 1 key card?
No. Only 1 access card will be issued for each family.

What is the NHCRWA fee on my water bill?

According to our billing company’s FAQWater districts in the Gulf Coast Region are mandated by the State to have a Groundwater Reduction Plan. Many water districts join regional water authorities which are responsible for implementing the Groundwater Reduction Plan to reduce the use of ground water by converting to surface water. The costs associated with building and maintaining the surface water infrastructure are passed on to customers. Your Regional Water Authority fee is charged per 1,000 gallons of water used, as reflected on the front of this statement.
We are charged by the Northwest Harris County Water Authority (NWCRWA), and the 2022 rate for surface water is $5.05 per thousand gallons.

When does trash and recycling get picked up?

Trash is picked up every Monday and Thursday, and recycling gets picked up on Mondays. The only days when trash will not get picked up is on one of the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day

Is there a heavy trash pickup day?

Heavy trash will be picked up any day trash is picked up. See guidelines about heavy trash.

What items can I recycle?

Most paper, aluminum, glass and some plastic. See Recycle List for more details.

How can I get a new or replacement key to my mailbox?

Our local Post Office is located at 16635 Spring Cypress Rd., Cypress, TX 77429 (Phone: 281.373.9125). Visit them to pick up your mail key (free for the first rekeying after moving) or get replacement keys ($20).

The irrigation system has been going off for an extended period of time on the same zone or I noticed another issue with the landscaping. Who do I contact? Please tell us what you noticed, what day and time, and as specific a location as possible. Thank you for helping us monitor the property.

[Beazer] What are the common interior paint colors used and where can I find paint to touch them up?

What does the Association do?

The Association is a nonprofit corporation managed by a Board of Directors elected by the owners. The Board is responsible for the management of the Association’s funds, the enforcement of the deed restrictions, and the maintenance of common area property.

What is a “managing agent”, and what is their authority?

The managing agent is a company that is engaged by the Board of Directors to provide guidance to the Board, and to implement the Board’s decisions or instructions. Sterling ASI’s sole business is serving Associations as Managing Agent. A managing agent has no authority except as conferred by the Board of Directors. A managing agent does not make decisions; it implements the decisions of the Board.

What are the Governing Documents?

The “Governing Documents” for our association are the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, plus any rules and regulations, resolutions or guidelines that have been established by the association.

Where can I get a copy of the Governing Documents?

All current documents are available in the Forms section of this site, through the Association website portal, or by calling Sterling. (On the portal, click on the “Information” tab, and then “Governing.”

What is a deed restriction and why do I have to comply?

It is part of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions that you agreed to when you bought your home. Through this document, you agreed to certain standards of maintenance, upkeep, and behavior in order to make the community as attractive as possible for yourself and your neighbors, and to maintain or enhance your property values. When you purchase a home in a deed-restricted community, you automatically agree to comply with the restrictions then in place or that are properly established.

Why do I have to get the Association’s permission for home improvement?

This better ensures that your intended improvement meets your community’s standards as set forth in the Governing Documents and avoids the problems that arise from the construction of improvements and the use of colors or styles that conflict with others in your neighborhood.

Why do I have to pay Association Fees?

All owners are required to pay Association Fees by the governing documents of our Association. The fees are due annually at the beginning of the year. They fund the operation and maintenance of the common property and are used to provide services for the benefit of all owners.

What do the Association fees cover?
Your Association’s fees or “assessments” pay for the maintenance, repair, and administration of the common areas and facilities of the Association.

What is the “common area”?

It is the land for the use and enjoyment of the members of the Association. These include the pool and pavilion, playgrounds, lakes, green spaces, walking paths, dog park, and street lights.

Who do I contact to find my username and password on

To set up your online account, call or email Sterling requesting web access. They will help get your account number and temporary password.

How do I update my account information?

After logging in, on the left side under Resident Tab, click User Profile. Then on the right side, click the Edit tab. 

For comments or suggestions to our FAQ, please complete the request form below: